Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Mood Swing


You'd blame it on the weather.
The dust, the heat, the noise, the brown.

I'd blame it on you.

A sense of doom.
Nervous anxiety?
Lethargy?

I want a book.
A good book may wash it all away.
The grime, the boredom, the inanity of a day.

Something that makes me forget.

I want a book which would remind me of yellow summers, not brown ones.
Of black roads smeared with tiny, pretty, yellow flowers.
Of huge trees dressed up in fiery, orange Flames of the forest.
Of the sweet smell of mangoes mixed with a tinge of orange.
A dash of cologne and a whiff of nicotine.
Idle banter and insolent laughter.
Match boxes and photographs.
Bus stops and ferry rides.
Cheer. 

What's it going to be then, eh?





3 comments:

Proma said...

1. I think u should call it 'The Mood Swings', cause Jenny's mood always swings.
Neh Jenny? ;)
2. I have lately discovered the meaning of nervous anxiety; experiential discovery.
3. Read ur writing after a very long time. Felt good!

overturned blue shoe said...

@Proma: How well you know me :)It does keep swinging, sometimes for no apparent reason!Thanks for stopping by again, n do tell me more about your nervous anxiety, next chat!

Anonymous said...

:)
~Ashwini