Sunday, September 25, 2011

I miss


  • Driving down roads - crowded or otherwise
  • Watching countless episodes of a sitcom - back to back
  • Polishing my silver earrings and bangles
  • Painting my toe nails
  • Laughing with my folks
  • Scanning the piles of books in the pavement shops till the book beckons and finds me
  • Pink colored bubble gum that came in a pink and blue wrapper. Before Boomer. 
  • Shopping for saris for mom
  • Drama - in all forms and sizes 
  • Listening to my grandmom's stories
  • Attending random film fests in the city
  • The insanity of my hostel days
  • Not having friends around me all the time
  • The magic of comforting conversations 
  • Writing, simply.( I seem to resort to boring lists very often these days) 
  • Having time to think, make up, wonder
  • Talking to you, you, you and you!
  • The woods
  • Hmm...appreciation.
  • Playing hot hands
  • Reading poetry
  • Eating out, travelling, eating out, travelling. 
  • Looking at the moon.
Gosh. It's plain and clear, a six day work week is injurious to health. 

3 comments:

Angels said...

ahh, you made me look back and indulge in nostalgia for the meantime ...

overturned blue shoe said...

@ Angels: thanks!:-)

Henry said...

What is hot hands? Sorry, I am from USA.