Monday, December 15, 2008

Strangelove Santa


I think all I really want to be is articulate. Articulate about emotions. Articulate about feelings. Articulate about love. It feels wonderful when someone articulates to you how much they love. Santa dropped by to show me once again how easy it is to love.

Among the innumerable 'official' mails that flood my mailbox daily was a rather inconspicuous one today, which read "Happy New Year". It was my friend from the lackadaisical land of sun and sand.Her mails are always special. I eagerly open her mails because they are thoughtful, honest and loving. She's my first christmas Santa of the season who brought in the message of love and affection like the three wise men. She wasnt just sending across luke warm Christmas and New Year Wishes. It was a wonderfully touching mail which was sent out to the entire class of the Masters program, spreading the Christmas cheer and her love. She had jotted down something meaningful, nice and honest about each one of us. Santa made my day by telling me i had made a difference to her in some little way. She said, " dear heart! Such a wonderful nature, such a bright mind and such a great sense of style. How blessed I am to know you. Thank you!"I'm sure Santa made a difference to each person on the mailing list by telling them exactly how they made a difference to her. I think Santa is wonderful.

She was deeply affected the first time i said 'lol' to something that had miffed her. Then she didn't yet know what 'lol' meant in sms lingo. When i explained she said, "How can you laugh out loud to that!", rather dismayed. Now she's taught me to use the 'lol' her way. Now, between us, it only reads as 'lots of love.'

It's only i who still resorts to the crumpled, abridged, diluted 'lol', she generously splatters her smses or mails with love. She inspires me to love. Without inhibitions. She unknowingly inspires me to express affectionately, freely, honestly, fearlessly. Her sweeping, uninhibited, gestures and remarks teach me something precious.
Its okay to let someone know you love them. Expressing affectionately is not a mighty task.

It feels wonderful to be blessed with this Santa. Thank You Santa.

No comments: