Saturday, January 10, 2009

Looking for the Calendar.

I've never paid attention to my New Year Calendar. It usually finds its way up my wall sometime past February or March, sometimes by chance, sometimes out of pure desperation, often because I'm gifted one.

Another cycle of twelve months has been ushered in, but the ugly miniature calendar of 2008 still clings on to my blue pin board. The month of December vacantly gazes back at me, reminding me of deadlines and doom. I flip back to a few months earlier and I see crammed scheduling, meticulous calculations and illegible scribblings. Punctuated every now and then in this bedlam, are blank white spaces. I wonder what that means. Was it a happy blank or was it a pensive blank? Was it a blank of clarity or was it an unresolved, frightful blank? I can't remember.

I'm weary of forgetting.

This year it ought to be a little different. My calendar must remind me. I'm not entirely sure what would go into making a great calendar. But I do know, I'm bored of ugly numbers squinting at me through square boxes, against a pale white backdrop. I want my calendar to remind me of some thing I like, dislike, ought to like, should care about, should think about,some thing I'd like to do.

I don't want it to be just another year that whizzes past. I want to resolve and remember and carry it over to 2010, without significant memory lapses.



Majoli,The Spartan Tree, Greece.
January : Hope?
Seeing this M said, "Here's to our very own landscapes of hope behind the screen of smoke filled streets."

4 comments:

Sujoy Bhattacharjee said...

How about the Kingfisher Atul Kasbekar calendar ot the Fuel's calendar.

Chanced upon your blog somehow. Wish you have a year ahead which becomes truly memorable.

And hope you get the calendar of your dreams.

Till then,
Cheerio.

overturned blue shoe said...

hey!thanks for the comment.(people rarely chance upon my blog:))

keeping my fingers crossed the perfect calendar.

Shalini said...

Nice post. I found a nice online calender, which can be downloaded for free....I haven't printed it out as yet and it's already March!

overturned blue shoe said...

hey shalini,
thanks!the hunt for the calendar is still on..could you send me a link?