Friday, September 18, 2009

the 8:05 fast

I plug my ears to drown the din of
the bhajjiwalimachiwaliearringwalabhelwalipasscoverwalabutterchakliwali
the blind old man singing for alms,
the grumbling fourth seat passenger trying to squeeze her butt in
the lady whose toe just got pulverized under a fashionwali's high heel sandal
the college girls' parroting
the office women gossiping
the house wife bickering
the mother-in-law nagging
the metallic clatter of the tracks
the noises inside my own head
discordant, many,chaotic.
On board the 8:05 fast

6 comments:

Pair of brown eyes said...

"the lady whose toe just got pulverized under a fashionwali's high heel sandal" makes me recall a similar experience.

u certainly make the daily brush with reality so chirpily interesting. i like! :)

Neha D. said...

Funny na, how the voices inside ones head manage to drown ALL this out!

overturned blue shoe said...

@ proma: :) but the daily brush is also tiring. 'i will survive'?!
@neha: agrees. its either the voices or the silence. sigh.

divsi said...

lol..it jus makes me feel theres sumthn extraordinary in evry ordinary...:)

overturned blue shoe said...

@ divsi:there is! isn't there? :)Thanks for coming by my blog.

Sanika said...

the noises inside my own head... loudest they're and they stay with u even after you've left ur 8:05 far behind